Navigate

JOIN SMART YOUTH

If you want to make a difference and help others while learning about sexual health and keeping yourself safe, then you need to join SMART Youth! You can come to any of our events around the city or come to one of our movie nights or Open Mic events. Check out our schedule to learn what we are doing or e-mail sync.nyc@gmail.com.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Introduction Lines (Nite Star Performance)

BELL RINGS (everyone enters)

Lucy: Are you coming to the party Friday?
Melissa: Yeah, I just have to get Leslie to cover for me...
Jocelyn: What do you mean, You're not bringing her with you, right?
Melissa: Hell no, but I have to tell my parents I'm going to be over at her house.
Lucy: I hope she doesn't come...
Melissa: She won't. Trust me.

(Leslie enters)

Melissa: Oh there she is, I'll see you guys later. (catches Leslie) Hey Leslie, listen. I need you to do me a favor. I want to go to this party Friday night, but my mom's on some controlling kick right now... I need you to tell my mom that I'm staying with you.
Leslie: You want me to lie to Auntie Samantha?
Melissa: You know... Lie is such an ugly word...
Leslie: (pauses) Well... what's in it for me?
Melissa: Well... let's talk about it.
( Melissa and Leslie walk off)

Lucy: What are you doing tonight?
Jocelyn: I don't know... I'm not feeling good... I think I'm going to go home.
Lucy: You should get Sean to come over and "Nurse" you back to health, you feel me?
Jocelyn: I don't really want to see him tonight...
Lucy: Really? uh oh...
Jocelyn: It's not like that, I'm just not feeling well and I--
Lucy: I'm trying to get Jason to take me to the movies.
Jocelyn: He's cheap, he's not taking you anywhere.
Lucy: I'm going to persuade him... Trust me.

(Jason calls for Lucy)

Jason: Lucy, I need you, come here please!
Lucy: Jay, what's wrong?
Jason: I can't find this review sheet and the test is next period...
Lucy: Well where did you put it?
Jason: If I knew I wouldn't be asking you to help me find it, now would I?
Lucy: Okay I will help you, but if I find it... can we go to the movies tonight?
Jason: What?
Lucy: If I find it, you'll take me to the movies tonight.
Jason: yeah, sure, whatever.
(Lucy pulls the sheet out of her back pocket)
Lucy: Oh, here it is.
Jason: You had this the whole time?
Lucy: Hm... I guess I did, and now you're taking me to the movies.
Jason: You're lucky I like you.
Lucy: Whatever, you love me, good luck.
(Lucy and Jason exit separately)

BB: Yo Sean, you've gotta hook me up with Monica.
Sean: Monica from my gym class?
BB: Yeah man, I'm trying to get her to come with me to Prom.
Sean: Well then just ask her.
BB: If I ask her she's going to say no.
Sean: How do you know that?
BB: Well... I kind of asked her before...
Sean: So why are you asking me to hook you up is she already said No?
BB: I figured if you speak on my behalf she might change her mind...
Sean: That sounds stupid.
BB: Yeah... but do you think it'll work?
Sean: Maybe... I'll hook it up tomorrow. I've got to go talk to Jocelyn.
BB: Cool, I'll hit you up later.
(BB exits, and Sean walks over to Jocelyn)

Sean: What's up baby? (Sean goes in for a kiss, but Jocelyn turns her cheek to him)
Jocelyn: Hey...
Sean: What's wrong with you?
Jocelyn: Nothing. I'm fine.
Sean: Yeah, Ok... So what're we doing tonight?
Jocelyn: Um... Look I'm not feeling good so I'm just going to stay home...
Sean: Well I can come by and take care of you...
Jocelyn: No, that's ok. You've done enough.
Sean: What?
Jocelyn: Nothing, I've got to get to class. I'll talk to you later.
(Jocelyn exits)

No comments: