September 2nd, 2012
Putting the Spotlight on The Female Condom:
I promise you, once you're done with this blog you'll definitely get on board with Female Condom Initiative.
Female Condoms, you have your pros and cons (like your male partner condoms), but, girl... you're pretty awesome in my book.
1. You can be inserted up to 8 hours before intercourse. If that's too much time, 30 minutes beforehand gives polyurethane condom enough time to adhere to your vaginal walls.
Do you know what this means though? This means if you're having a night out on the town, and you plan to take someone home with you, you're safe and good to go! (sexually at least... but if you're premeditating sex, you've probably planned everything out for the night...)
Freedom from the "caught up in the moment" scandal!
2. The Female Condom has an outer ring and lining that covers the outside area of the vagina.
This is a good thing because some Sexually Transmitted Infections are spread through mere skin-to-skin contact. So, if less skin is exposed during sexual intercourse, the likely hood of you contracting an infection is even more so decreased!
BONUS: The outer ring on the Female Condom has been proven to provide clitoral stimulation during intercourse. (The act causes friction and the ring to graze against the clitoris in a constant motion.) Can your male condom do that?
EXTRA BONUS: The inner ring of the Female Condom has been said to provide extra stimulation to the penis head during sexual intercourse. Gentlemen, this is for you. The Female Condom is even trying to give YOU some extra pleasure during the act! What a gracious lady she is...
3. The Female Condom is made of polyurethane. (You can find latex ones, but let me tell you why polyurethane is better) This means if you or your partner is allergic to latex... well... this condom is for you!
BONUS: Even if an allergic reaction isn't your issue, polyurethane is a thinner, more elastic plastic. Meaning, this is why it "molds" to the vaginal walls when inserted (at least 30 minutes prior) for sex. This gives a "barely there" feel for intercourse. Want to feel closer without losing protection? The Female Condom is there for you, yet again!
4. The Female Condom is an internal condom (only a small portion lays on the outer skin). It molds to the vaginal walls, and expands (just like the vagina) to encompass the penis.
Do you know what this means?
Who really needs an XL condom NOW?
A larger male need not worry about a male condom fitting too tight, not having enough length, or whatever else big penises complain about. The Female Condom gives the "more than" penis enough liberty to enjoy a protected sexual experience.
It's a WIN-WIN situation! You're good to go, Big Guy!
5. Not only can the Female Condom be used for vaginal intercourse; but if the inner ring is removed, the condom can be inserted into the anus before anal sex.
Whoa. I think our bases are covered.
Female control, some pretty cool benefits, I think I'm sold.
What about you?
If you are, pick up from female condoms from SMART Youth or your local resource center today!
If you were moved and educated by this post you can join the Paper Dolls Campaign! (more info at link provided)
Create a digital doll with a virtual message about why access to female condoms is important to you!